Propulse™ Pea Protein
When incorporated into plant-based meat alternatives, pea protein offers:
- High level of protein purity (80% db)
- Excellent digestibility
- Easy dispersibility & blending
- An economical choice compared to other proteins on the market
AccuGel™ Pea Starch
- Binding in cheese and meat analogues
- Gelatin replacement for vegan foods
- Improvements to soy protein-stabilized food emulsions (i.e. tofu)
Our proprietary Propulse™ Pea Protein offers product designers an easy means of vegetable protein enrichment. Low in fat and high in iron, vitamins and other minerals, Propulse improves the nutritional value of an array of processed foods. From pea-based beverages to health bars to baked goods, pea protein is a versatile ingredient that can be incorporated into a wide range of vegan-friendly foods.
Accu-Gel™ Pea Starch is particularly effective in vegan and vegetarian products where a jellified texture is sought and where sterilization temperatures are applied (e.g. as a binder in plant-based “meats” or as a gelatin replacement). In these products, pea starch permits improved water control during sterilization. This helps improve texture, as canned products made with potato or wheat starch are not stabilized, consequently absorbing more water during storage and resulting in a soggier, softer texture.